What’s Next?”: Making the links between education and a future career
Here at Malbank School and Sixth Form College, we have made a commitment to ensure that all of our students acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes to manage their learning and career progression. Through a range of effective careers guidance activities, we aim to support our students to achieve positive, appropriate destination choices and have the qualifications and employability skills to meet their needs.
Meet the Team
- Craig Batty
- Alan Wilson
- Ali Reed
- Sharon Yates (link governor)
- Katie Heirene and Stacey Rutter (The Cheshire and Warrington Pledge)
What are the Gatsby Benchmarks?
The Gatsby Benchmarks were developed on behalf of the Gatsby Foundation by Sir John Holman. They define what world-class careers provision in education looks like and provide a clear framework for organising the careers provision at your school or college.
The benchmarks are enshrined in statutory guidance and as a Careers Leader, it is your responsibility to oversee the implementation of the benchmarks in your education setting.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Find out more
For further information on the Gatsby Benchmarks and statutory guidance, please visit the following sites:
Skills for jobs: lifelong learning for opportunity and growth
Statutory guidance for schools and college
Career opportunities for young people within our area
Cheshire and Warrington Portal: https://www.candwopportunities.co.uk/
Learn Live: https://learnliveuk.com/
UK Government Apprenticeship Finder: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Coming Soon: All Higher Education and Apprenticeships will be available through UCAS!
PDL and Careers at Malbank
- Malbank Careers Programme 2022 - 2023
- Provider Access Policy Statement (Awaiting Approval)
- Case studies: what did our staff do before working in education?
Our Careers Programme
- Click on the links below for details of employers and training providers that we have specific links with:
Advice for parents: https://www.youthemployment.org.uk/careers-advice-for-parents
Accessing careers advice: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/explore-your-education-and-training-choices?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search_ad&utm_campaign=GTJ_p4_always_on
Subject links – where can my course take me? https://www.careerwave.co.uk/useful-career-resources-by-subject-area/
How can I get involved?
- We are always looking for parents and carers to work alongside us. This could be as simple as providing your contact details for future reference, right up to delivering workshops or offering work experience opportunities. If you are interested, please complete the form that can be found here: https://frms.office.com/e/V6wazL4UN9